The Reason why Keyword Research is so important is because it is the most vital part of Search Engine Optimization. 99% of bloggers fail at initial stages is because they all start writing what they have in mind, and really don’t care about important elements of SEO like Post title, meta description and ends up writing a poorly optimized article. This fact explains the importance of keywords in blogging.
As a result they never achieve organic search results to their articles. The only difference between a website that gets tons of organic searches and the one that gets none is in the keywords that they use. Thus, it is extremely important to perform key word research to determine a popular (profitable niche) and rank well in search engines for specific topics to drive traffic to your site and promote your products/services by enhancing your marketing effectiveness.
- What is Keyword Research?
- 5 Reasons Why Keyword Research is so Important ?
- How to Perform Keyword Research ?
- SEO Tools and Keyword Planner to Start Keyword Research
- Free Keyword Research Tools – Google Keyword Planner (Free but not Efficient)
- Limitations of Google Keyword Planner
- Best SEO Tools for doing Keyword Research like a Boss
- 1. SEMRUSH (Start 7 Day Free Trial with the Link Given Below)
- 2. AHREFS (Offers 7 Day Free Trial for $7)
- 3. KWFinder (Comes with Free Plan Also)
- 4. Long Tail Pro
- 5. Word Tracker
- Final Words
- You might also Enjoy Reading
What is Keyword Research?
The practice search engine optimization (SEO) professionals use to find and research alternative search terms that people type into search engines while looking for a similar subject. SEO Professionals research additional keywords, which they use to achieve better rankings in search engines and bring more organic traffic.
Usually, different search engines provide us with their own keyword suggestion tools, which include the number of searches for each of those keywords. The key word researcher uses this information to select their target SEO keywords.
Around 25–30% of searches are very specific long tail keywords entered into Google every single day. It’s easy to rank thesm when there is good content and backlinks to match.
Keywords research is a valuable and high return activity in the search marketing field to increase your organic visitors and bring in more customers. Specially when your only source of income is Adsense or other CPC Network, where your income depends only on the number of clicks on those ads. There it becomes extremely important to achieve high traffic by using the right target key-words in your content.
5 Reasons Why Keyword Research is so Important ?
Targeting the right words and phrases is the most important part of running a successful blog or website. Before you start writing a blog post, you first need to understand the type of “keywords” or “search phrases” people are typing into Google Searches.
Performing Proper Keyword Research for SEO makes all your marketing efforts more efficient in the long run. By determining what people are searching put yourself in a strong position to help them achieve their goals as well as yours.
Smart bloggers use keyword research like a Boss to find out what topics they should write about and what phrases they should use while writing a article.
Here are the Top 5 Benefits of doing Keyword Research for SEO before any writing an article:-
- It helps us understand how high the demand is for certainwords and how difficult it would be to compete for those terms in the organic search results.
- Helps you discover ideas for your next blog post and needs of your audience to create targeted content which will drive the right traffic to your site.
- It helps to find the Long Tail Words and Phrases which people are searching on Google and which of those are high paying and high searched keywords.
- Helps in Creating a Highly SEO Optimized Article with useful content consisting of targeted words including long tail and LSI Keywords.
- Increased Revenue/Sales and More Audience/Customers
How to Perform Keyword Research ?
I hope that I have explained well the importance of using keywords in research articles and blogging. The next step to perform is how to actually find those targeted words and phrases to achieve better search results.
Well, there are many SEO Tools and Key words Planners available in the market that will ease up your work.
The Keywords or phrases mainly fall into 2 main categories given below:-
- Short Tail: Generally 1-3 words.
- Long Tail: More specific keywords that are usually 3 words or longer.
- How to start a Blog WordPress, How to Make Money Online from Youtube, How to Gain Weight in 3 weeks
“A word or phrase comes in the category of “keywords” when they have a good amount of searches (volume) in a month”
Nowadays, Long tail keywords are more profitable, as it helps you to rank higher and faster in Google Search Results.
For now, try and understand all the terms that I have explained above.
SEO Tools and Keyword Planner to Start Keyword Research
As you understood all the basics of key word research and the need to include right targeted words in a blog post, the next part is using keyword planners and SEO Tools to perform research. This step is important if you wish to grow your blog/website in a short span of time and ultimately make money.
Keyword Planner and SEO Tools are research tools that allows you to find the targeted words to rank higher in google search. An example of a good keyword includes substantial amount of average monthly searches with low competition and high CPC Rates.
Free Keyword Research Tools – Google Keyword Planner (Free but not Efficient)
This tool is an official product from Google, which provide us with traffic estimation of our target words and assist us in finding more relevant Keywords for our blog niche. Few Important things to know:
- You need to have a Google Adwords account to start using this tool. It’s free, and you don’t need to spend any money to use Google Keyword Planner. You can simply create an Adwords account and start using this free tool.
- This tool is basically made to target Adwords advertisers, but it still gives a substantial amount of information when it comes to finding the targeted words for your blog and articles.
- You can use this tool to explore search trends based on factors like Average Monthly Searches, Competition and CPC Rates.
Limitations of Google Keyword Planner
- No Accurate Up to Date Results – ‘Average monthly searches’ is calculated over 12 months, meaning this platform is not a good place to research for trending topics.
- Device targeting is missing- Hence, we don’t require to segment mobile and desktop search volumes & they have been combined.
- Missing Several Features that other SEO Tools Offer like Finding Long Tail Keywords, Difficulty , SERP Analysis, SEO Metrics, Researching your Competitors Strategies and finding the keywords they are ranking for, Backlink Analysis etc.
If you are really serious about Growing your Blog/ Website with Proper SEO Strategies, My suggestion for using Google Keyword Planner is No as it will never benefit you.
Best SEO Tools for doing Keyword Research like a Boss
The biggest advantage of SEO Tools available in Market is that you can do a Competitor based Keyword research and find working and profitable keywords which are helping other sites to drive traffic.
Here are the list of Best Keyword Research tools for SEO listed below:
- SEMRUSH (Offers 7 day free trial )
- Ahrefs (Offers 7 days trial for $7)
- KWFinder (Have free plan as well)
1. SEMRUSH (Start 7 Day Free Trial with the Link Given Below)
This is one of the widely used and most rated SEO research tool. It is one of my favourite and the easiest tool that every serious blogger must use for growth hacks. Apart from keyword research, it offers so much more than just researching keywords.
At Semrush, you just need to add your URL (or your competitor’s Website URL) and it will show you all of the keywords that are ranking for that site. This is one of the most amazing and useful tool to find short as well as long tail keywords and offers so many features like SERP Analysis, Researching your Competitors Strategies and finding the keywords they are ranking for, Backlink Analysis and Complete Site Audit.
Although this tool is Paid, but you can start a 7 Day Free Trial using the Link given below and test their features. This is a highly recommended product.
2. AHREFS (Offers 7 Day Free Trial for $7)
This keyword research tool is one of the most popular SEO tool in market. The most useful thing I love about them is providing brief detail including the difficulty level of the keyword.
Ahrefs uses clickstream data to provide us with results that how many clicks you will get from the search engine. This is very useful after knowledge graph integration, as there are many keywords having huge traffic but they hardly get any clicks from search engine.
This tool give you tons of insight into your competitors and you will make much better marketing decisions. You can also create a list of keywords to target directly from Ahrefs dashboard. You don’t need to use excel & this is a huge time saving.
Using AHREFS, you can:-
- Keep an eye on the competition
- Find new content ideas
- Build Links and Increase Shares
3. KWFinder (Comes with Free Plan Also)
If you are searching for one tool which completely works on doing Keyword Research, KWFinder is the best option. This SEO tool is new in the market yet it is one of the fastest growing SEO Keyword Research Tool.
KWFinder helps you get the Targeted Keyword along with Google Autocomplete Suggestions and Questions that will help you drive highly targeted traffic. Using Questions based Keyword research strategy you can quickly find long tail keywords that are related to problem solving. A professional content writer or a smart blogger knows very well that problem solving content helps us get more targeted traffic & conversion.
Some Top Features of KWFinder:-
- Find Long Tail Keywords in a couple of Seconds
- Organize them with Keyword List
- Filter Key words that aren’t profitable
- Google Suggestions
- Accurate Keyword Difficulty
- SERP Analysis and SEO Metric
Follow the Link given below to Start using KWFinder Tool
4. Long Tail Pro
One of the best tool to find the Long Tail Keywords to Rank Higher and Faster in Google Search. This tool helps you discover thousands of profitable, targeted words to achieve better organic search results.
Their basic plan costs around $37 monthly. But you can try this tool for a 7 day free trial and check the effectiveness of this keyword research tool.
The best thing about Long Tail Pro is that you don’t have to be an SEO Expert to use this tool. The user interface is really simple and easy to use. You will get used to it very quickly.
5. Word Tracker
Lastly, the other alternative you can choose for doing keyword research is Word Tracker. This tool is mainly used by small businesses to research keywords, build new links, and develop a SEO platform and tactics to drive more traffic.
The 3 Useful Tools in Word Tracker are:-
- Keyword Tool – helps in researching words and phrases
- Link Builder – Identifies the In-bound Link Prospects
- Strategizer – Checks your entire SEO Ranking Strategies
The Only Limitation of using Word Tracker is that it provides with fewer results than other tools and the interface isn’t particularly user friendly.
Their Basic Plan starts from $27 a month. But they too include a 7 Day Free Trial like other tools. So you can sign up for Word Tracker for free for a period of 7 day days and later on continue with their paid services if you find them good enough.
I would not suggest you to choose all of the SEO tools listed above, but instead stick to one or two and get used to its interface and working.
You can even start a trial period for the tools mentioned above and decide which works best for your business strategy.
- If you are searching for an easy, yet a great solution, go for SEMRUSH or KWFinder
- If you are looking to find keywords for micro-niche sites, use Ahrefs
Believe me, using any of these tool will supercharge your Blog’s SEO.
In my next article, I will show you How to Perform Keyword Research for writing a blog post using these tools. So stay in touch with us for more exciting stuff. If you found this guide useful? Share it with your friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and Google Plus.