Well, You’ve probably heard many times stories about normal people like you earning money from YouTube and might have thought, “Hey, I can do this too!”. Nowadays, most of the people are interested in making videos while having fun, travelling etc and sharing them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media networks. But do you know that you can also earn a huge amount of money from your videos also? Many of you want to share your knowledge, experiences, and experiments with the world. Well, you can do earn a decent amount of money too from your videos through Youtube.
Most people choose to blog as their method for earning money online. The video is the new style to share the content. Video keeps two of our five senses occupied and need less time to get the point across. You just need to focus and have patience and regularity to run a successful youtube channel. There are different strategies given below, Which will help you to earn a huge amount of money from youtube. Follow this guide to get your videos monetized and start earning revenue off of those YouTube ads.
- Benefits of Youtube Channel over Blog/Website
- Earn Money from Youtube: From Where to Start (Step by Step Guide)
- #2. Creating a new Youtube Channel: Tips to grow your Channel
- #3. Monetization of Youtube Channel
- #4. Best Tools and Equipment for Youtube Channel
- #5. Some Live Examples of Popular YouTubers
Benefits of Youtube Channel over Blog/Website
Most amongst you thought of starting a Youtube Channel to earn money online and enjoy your financial freedom. But you may be confused that whether you should start a youtube channel or a Website/Blog? I will tell you one thing here:
YouTube could help you earn more than you would from blogging because of the following reasons:
1) No need to invest money for buying a domain and hosting.
2) AdSense approval via YouTube is easy.
3) Big audience and ready-made platform on YouTube.
There are people out there who earn a lot of money with YouTube. There are even some single YouTubers who are earning over $2,500 every day from their YouTube videos. I have covered some Youtube Personalities at the end of this blog post. Now, I will show you the exact guide you need to follow in order to start making your money online from YouTube Platform.
How much does youtube pay per view?
Some Other Advantages of YouTube Channel:-
- First and the biggest advantage of youtube channel is that it is totally free. Because unlike in website, Here you don’t need to worry about charges of any domain or hosting etc.
- Big audience and ready-made visitors are waiting on youtube because more than 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- You can also share your knowledge with tutorials or anything of your interests and can make money.
- Its way easier to rank on youtube than a ranking website on google.
- YouTube provides the best opportunity for your business message to reach millions of people that all have the potential of becoming prospective customers.
- Youtube can be considered as the permanent earning source. Once you build few thousand subscribers then whenever you upload a new video it gets a few thousand views or shares and that particular video gets the boost in ranking.
New Media Rockstars estimates that top YouTubers earn in the millions, some even in the tens of millions. Earnings from Youtube can fluctuate greatly depending on the popularity and fan base of the channel. I may not promise that you will become a youtube celebrity overnight but if you start taking small steps you will definitely start making money from youtube. Normal people like you, are making their living on youtube (and they are making really big money). I am sharing tools and simple methods to get started on Youtube and how to make money online without any investment. Follow this simple guide to start earning revenue off of those YouTube Videos.
Earn Money from Youtube: From Where to Start (Step by Step Guide)
Before creating a new Youtube Channel, the first and the most important thing to decide is the niche (topic) of your YouTube Channel. Choosing a niche is one of the toughest jobs and requires tremendous efforts. My recommendation for you is always to try building credibility in a specific niche. Don’t pick up too many niches and start too many YouTube channels. It is extremely easy now to make money from YouTube if you have a specific niche.
Always remember: Content is the king.
Create your YouTube content strategy keeping your target audiences in mind. Before making your videos, do well to create a content plan to make sure that your content meets your goals and also engages your intended audience. This step by step guide will help you to master skills in earning money from Youtube.
#1. Find a Niche for YouTube
Choosing a youtube topic or niche for making popular videos is linked with your passion, interests and hobbies.
- If you sing loud in the bathroom then let the people know that you can sing.
- You can teach, guide or motivate someone in the right direction then let’s make a channel tutorial channel to teach the world.
- If you have a good fashion sense, then why not create a youtube channel on fashion tips.
- If you are actually a good gamer, then it is perfect niche. Gamers get a lot of views and make a lot of money.
Indeed there are dozens of most profitable niches available in the market which are gaining a huge fan base. Some of the best high paying niches are covered below:
1.) Makeup and Fashion
Makeup is one of the most trending and profitable YouTube channel topics. There is a never-ending flow of make-up products in the market, and people are trying to figure out what to buy, which products are efficient and how to use them.
There are nearly infinite fashion options for people to choose from when it comes to clothing and accessories, and you can help them look their best. Examples of such videos include teaching new techniques, or makeup product reviews.
Example of Youtube Channel: alpha m.
Some of the richest YouTubers who are earning in millions are actually gamers. There are many different types of game videos that are popular in this niche. Examples of such videos include reviewing new games, gaming tips and hacks. High energy and the right equipment for the job is all that’s needed. You can be a crappy player, but if you’re funny your subscribers will laugh right along with you.
Example of Youtube Channel: Dynamo Gaming
Are you a foodie? Do you have a passion for cooking and sharing recipes? If so, then you can create an entire YouTube channel about your passion. Viewers everywhere are looking for something new for their next meal. You can give them that taste and feel.
Teaching cooking recipes is a great way to get started. There is a huge audience on Youtube looking for food and recipes. You can share cooking techniques or kitchen tools that you think people should know about.
Example of Youtube Channel: Kabita’s Kitchen
4.) Unboxing New Products
New products are being released in the market each new day and audience often look to YouTubers to take the review of that product. You can show off what actually comes with a new product along with its features and specifications. Examples of Such Product Review Videos include Gadgets, Smartphones etc.
These channels are able to make a great amount of money. The amazing thing about this niche is that it can attract sponsors and paid partnerships with companies who want to get their products in front of as many people as possible. In addition to this, you can also earn extra money with affiliate links to purchase the product.
Example of Youtube Channel: Geekyranjit
Travel channels are gaining popularity day by day on YouTube. You can show off beautiful and interesting places you visit and help people to plan their next trip. You can give reviews of the hotels, tourist places, restaurants etc.
Although, it is not possible to go everywhere but when you do go somewhere there is a lot of content to cover: the best places to eat, best places to stay, top sites to see etc. Make sure to bring a good action camera with you.
If you gain a good amount of audience for your channel, you may find yourself with hotels and attractions that will want you to visit them and will offer you paid partnerships to review them.
Example of Youtube Channel: Mr Ben Brown
There are various other topics on which you can create your youtube channel and bring the audience. The growth of your youtube channel is based only on your interests, passion and persistent efforts. I will also cover other niches on which you can start your youtube channel in my upcoming guide of choosing the best profitable youtube niches.
#2. Creating a new Youtube Channel: Tips to grow your Channel
I hope by this time you are made aware of the benefits and scope of having a youtube channel to earn money online. I have also covered some trending topics above which will definitely give you a kickstart to choose a profitable niche for your channel. Now next step is setting up a new youtube channel in order to start uploading your videos online.
Along with creating a channel, I will teach you some important and actional tips that will help you to grow your youtube channel. So here are the steps and techniques that you must follow to create and market a brand new youtube channel.
1.) Setup and Build your Youtube Channel:
To set up and build a youtube channel, you need to have a google account with you. If you have existing Google/ Gmail ID, you can just use that ID to sign-in to YouTube. But I will still advise you to create new ID to use it for professional purpose. Don’t mix up things with the personal and professional account. Try to make the name of channel short and snappy, which can be readable and remember easily by the viewers.
- Sign in to YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon to get to your account’s YouTube Settings.
- Click on Create a new channel.
- Then choose “Use a business or other name”
- Add your Brand name and click create.
Add keywords to your youtube account to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced Settings Section of your Channel Settings. Make sure that your keywords are relevant to your content.
After creating a youtube channel complete your channel with these basics (mentioned below) to make it appear professional.
- Fill in the about section
- Add Channel Art
- Add Channel Keywords
- Integrate your Channel with Social Media and Website (Optional)
2.) Upload Videos:
As you know, that Content is King is whether you want to “earn money from blog/website or youtube“. So, try to upload high-quality good video/content, so that your video can catch the attention of the audience. Following are some tips in creating and uploading videos to your youtube channel.
- Even if you are the beginner and you have not good quality content, try to make it better and better in the next videos.
- You may use your mobile phone’s camera to record video and use the best free video editing software to create youtube videos. There are various free video editing software, which will help you to add great video editing effects.
- Upload regularly: Regularity and patience is the key to success. So, by uploading regularly you can hold your audience. If your audience liked your first video, they will be excited to get more and more videos from you, which will help you to increase your subscribers.
- Improve your content by using a good camera, microphone and other equipment as per your need. Try to improve the way things are filmed. Use a tripod and have a friend help you or light your scenes better. It all helps for a better end product which in turn helps you get a better subscriber count.
- Make sure to tag your videos with the important keywords that describe your video. Your content or description should be catchy. This will help to drive the people from youtube searches towards your videos.
- Put the important keywords of your description at the beginning. Do a quick Google search to see how much of a YouTube video’s description is visible, and plan accordingly. Insert relevant keywords o your video, that viewers may search.
- Try to be different and unique. Don’t just choose this option thinking if someone is earning a lot, I can also do the same. Be original, do it from your heart.
- Interact with your viewers by responding to comments and making occasional videos directly related to viewer comments and questions.
3.) Gain Audience:
The next part is building your audience. You need to encourage people to watch your videos in order to earn money through your video. There is no other than one secret to getting more subscribers and views, just make the good content video. Choose that topic which is trending and is most searchable among the people.
Here are some tips you can follow to bring more views and subscribers to your youtube channel.
- Create engaging video contents – Engagement is the key on all social media platforms not just on YouTube. Keep uploading engaging content on regular basis to grow your youtube channel.
- Improve SEO to Rank Your Videos – If you already know how to improve the SEO of a website or blog, you can apply similar techniques to rank YouTube videos. Make longer videos of at least 5 minute long. Choose the keywords that get at least 300 searches per month. Use keyword-rich Meta tags to make your videos rank higher on YouTube.
- Share on Social Media Platforms – Do market your videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all other social media network websites.
- Interact with Audience: Interact with your viewers by responding to comments and making occasional videos directly related to viewer comments and questions.
#3. Monetization of Youtube Channel
As you have successfully created a youtube channel and started getting a good amount of audience by following the above guides, so now you need to make money from your youtube videos. So, Next step is “Monetizing your youtube channel“.
What is monetization?
Monetization means that you authorize the presence of advertisements on your videos, and YouTube charges advertisers for these and shares the fees with you, allowing you to make some money from people viewing your videos.
The YouTube Partner Programme lets you monetise your content on YouTube. You can earn money from advertisements served on your videos.
What is the Eligibility to enable monetization on your videos?
Back in 2016, the eligibility to join the YouTube Partner Program was to have 10,000-lifetime views. However, things have changed over the previous update.
YouTube monetization requirements require your channel to have the following two criteria met in order to enable monetization:
- Your channel should have 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months
- Minimum 1,000 subscribers
How to enable monetization on youtube?
Once you meet the eligibility, you can follow these steps to monetize your video.
Step 1: Read and agree to the YouTube Partner Programme terms
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top-right corner, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left-hand menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under ‘Monetisation’, click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Programme Terms.
Create a new AdSense account or connect an existing one to your channel. You need an AdSense account to earn money from your videos and get paid. Follow these steps to set up an AdSense account.
Set which types of advertisements you want to run on your youtube videos and automatically turn on monetisation for all your existing and future videos.
When you set this up, you will start earning money as soon as your channel is approved.
- Confirm that you want to monetise for all your existing and future videos.
- Tick the boxes under Ads formats to choose the types of ads that you want to show.
- Click Save.
You can always change these setting in your monetisation default so that every upload is automatically monetised or not monetised, or you can also choose the specific videos that you want to monetise.
Once your channel meets all the above eligibility criteria and goes through the above steps, youtube will review your application to make sure that your channel activity adheres to the YouTube Partner Programme policies.
Other Best Ways to Earn Money from Youtube Channel
1.) Affiliate Marketing: In this method, you can earn a huge amount of money by approaching companies/individuals to refer their product for consideration of commission. They pay a decent amount to the channels who as of now have a good fan base.
2.) Direct Promotion: Also known as sponsorship. The publicizing organization adds to your revenue by paying you a settled sum for their coordinated effort with your channel. It is slightly different from affiliate marketing. Here you should demonstrate a depiction of their items into your video. In return, they will pay you a certain sum which can range from $100 to more depending upon your audience size. Thus you can make money on youtube without monetization.
3.) Crowdfunding: There are numerous crowdfunding sites like patreon that give you an option to accept donation or tips in return you keep your promise to create content. You can provide free information to anybody and approach them for some help.
4.) Paid Videos: Paid youtube videos are emerging as a unique and high gross source of income. Here you give highly valuable information to your audience by charging them with a price tag on the video. In this way, you do not have to share any earning with anyone i.e. all that you earn is yours. Thus in these ways, you can earn money from youtube without adsense.
#4. Best Tools and Equipment for Youtube Channel
In order to watch your channel’s growth and its expansion, you need to have certain tools and equipment to make the perfect videos using good tools and professional editors and equipment. Although a beginner can just start off with his mobile (a smartphone), free editing software and tools. This is the best option during your initial days when you are not earning money and all you have is your savings.
But if you want to record a good quality video, you must buy good equipment. And gradually you should hire a professional video maker to create stunning videos.
Here are some best free youtube tools I will recommend every youtuber to use:
1.) Google Keyword Planner:
This tool is a useful resource for building strong keyword lists and helping to get your PPC campaign off to a running start. It helps you to choose those keywords as a hook, which people who are searching for on search engine, will come to your video following their search. This is one of the easiest ways to perform keyword research for your video.
This way, you can quickly compare Google search terms with Youtube search terms and, most importantly, better understand what interests your target audience most. You can find new keyword ideas for your videos that are relevant to your niche, product, service, and target audience.
2.) Image/Video Editor:
Each video on YouTube contains some images to make the audience understand more clearly about the content but every image that you use in the video is not necessarily perfect. With image editing tools like PicMonkey, Canva etc you can make your image more engaging.
Canva assists you to design presentations, social media graphics, and more with thousands of beautiful layouts. Enrich your chosen snapshot with text and design elements or create a clean-cut thumbnail design for your video.
Pixlr Editor is a fantastic photo editor for all your editing needs. You gain full control over your images including layers and effects.
The next important tool you can use is a good video editor or screen recording software (in case you need to record your PC/Android Tutorial Videos). Editing the videos you share on YouTube is extremely important because the raw footage needs to be organized and cleared of mistakes if you want your videos to attract the attention of millions of viewers.
Some Best Video Editors include:
- Windows Movie Maker.
- Filmora Video Editor
- AVS Video Editor
- Virtual Dub.
- Pinnacle Studio 21.5.
- Corel VideoStudio.
- Vegas Pro.
- iMovie: [for beginners]
- Blender: [for video editing & modeling professionals]
It is a FREE browser extension that integrates directly into YouTube to help you run your channel with ease. Using this tool, you can check any video’s analytics such as estimated earnings, ranked tags, average view duration etc. TubeBuddy suggests most searched and used tags for all your videos.
In addition to this, This amazing YouTube tool is packed with countless powerful features that will enable you to get more out of YouTube. And one of the best things of this tool is that all of its features are available inside your normal YouTube interface.
Features of TubeBuddy
- Works Inside YouTube – TubeBuddy adds a menu inside of your YouTube account for easy interface and access.
- Tag Explorer – Find the most searched and popular tags for your videos.
- Publish Videos to Facebook – Automatically publish your videos as native Facebook videos.
- A/B Testing – A/B test titles, descriptions, tags, and thumbnails.
- Publishing Time – Automatically find the best time to publish new videos for your specific audience.
- GIF Generator – Automatically create a GIF for a specific portion of your video.
- Brand Alerts – Get notified whenever someone mentions your channel.
- Competitor Scorecard – Keep an eye on your competition.
- Description Promotion – Promote one of your videos in the descriptions of all your other videos.
- And a Lot more… – TubeBuddy seriously has so many other features that you can use. It’s packed with powerful features that will help you manage and grow your YouTube account.
Google Analytics is a free web service that provides statistics for website management and performance. It is one of the most popular digital analytics software. This Google’s free web analytics service allows you to analyze in-depth detail about the visitors on your website. It provides valuable insights that can help you to shape the success strategy of your business.
You can link your channel to Google Analytics to clearly understand your traffic sources and results. You can follow below mentioned steps to link your youtube account to Analytics:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Copy your property’s tracking ID. If you don’t have a one set up, learn how to set up a property in Google Analytics.
- Go to your YouTube Advanced Settings
- At the bottom, paste your tracking ID into the Google Analytics property tracking ID.
- Click Save.
Another Popular Free Analytics Tool is Social Blade. This tool tracks user statistics for YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, and Twitter. You can easily get a deeper understanding of user growth and trends by utilizing Social Blade. Apart from these Youtube Analytics tools, there are many other tools which can help you in improving your channel content and viewership.
5.) Social Sharing Tool
The next task in order to increase your views and visibility of your YouTube Channel is by sharing your content on various social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus etc.
You can use Buffer App to easily schedule your Social Media Posts. It is a powerful app that can take your social media posts and engagement to the next level. It allows you to schedule social media posts across a variety of popular social networks.
So using Buffer App, you can simply schedule all your social media campaigns in one sitting on Buffer all for a whole week. Now if you do not get time, or you were busy somewhere, then also your campaign is running in full pace, uninterrupted across various social media platforms. It helps you to maximize your time, boost productivity and drive great results from your social media.
#5. Some Live Examples of Popular YouTubers
Right now there are more than 150+ trending channels on YouTube operated by Indians. Among them, many have excelled so vastly. They are earning in millions. So, you can also be a one of those similar future Youtuber and can earn money from Youtube. I am sharing some popular channels and YouTubers in order to bring some passion and inspiration for you to start your own. You can see how much money do YouTubers make by following examples:
1.) Bhuvan Bam (BB Ki Vines):
No Doubt he is the more popular YouTuber in India. His main content is the comedy. He has earned the variety of awards for his acting. He has also been given the title of “One Man Army” in one of the award function.
- Subscribers count – 10+ Million
- Daily views: More than 4 millions and daily addition to the subscriber count is 7000–9000
- Earning: 30+ lakh per month (Approx.)
- Channel Link
2.) Sandeep Maheshwari
Sandeep Maheshwari is one of the fastest growing entrepreneurs in India. He is the founder and CEO of Imagesbazaar.com, the largest collection of Indian images. Sandeep Maheshwari is a motivational speaker and is very well known among people for his free Life-Changing Seminars to motivate and inspire the mind of young people.
On YouTube, however, Maheshwari is known more for his motivational videos, which have inspired millions of his followers till date.
- Subscribers count – 7+ Million
- Daily views: 150000–200000
- Channel Link
3.) Nisha Madhulika
Nisha Madhulika is an Indian chef, YouTube personality, and restaurant consultant. She also has food columns on several websites where she contributes to Indian Express, Amar Ujala, Times of India and Dainik Bhaskar.
- Subscribers count – 5+ Millions
- Daily views: 50000–100000
- Earning: 17–20 lakhs per month (Approx.)
- Channel Link
4.) (Gaurav Chaudhary)
He is the Indian Tech Youtube Vlogger. Technical Guruji provides the review of the electronic gadgets. He started this channel back in October 2015, back in those days he had just completed his M.E. (Microelectronics) from BITS Pilani. He used to upload 1 video every day, that used to get an average of 300-400 views. But as they say “Patience pays off”. Today, “Technical Guruji” has garnered over 1 Million subscribers, with more than 80 Million video views on the channel, all this, just in a span of 16 months. “This is the one of the Fastest Growing Channel on the YouTube”.
- Subscribers count – 10+ Millions
- Daily views: 1–2 Lakhs
- Earning: 20–25 lakhs per month (Approx.)
- Channel Link
This is the comedy channel. Now their subscriber counts are more than 3 million. It was founded by Gursimran Khamba and Tanmay Bhat and was later joined by Rohan Joshi and Ashish Shakya. The group maintains a YouTube channel that shows their comedy sketches and parodies on topics such as politics, society, and the Bollywood Industry
- Subscribers count – 3+ Millions
- Daily views: 30000–50000
- Earning: 10–12 lakhs per month (Approx.)
- Channel Link
From these examples, don’t you think you can also Earn money from Youtube and be one of them in Future? Hard work, Patience, and Regularity Pay off. So, Start your channel now and feel free to ask for any help from us.
You may also like Reading:-